Are you interested in going to Law School?

Homepage Forums Miscellaneous Are you interested in going to Law School?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    jljones
    Participant

Are you interested in going to Law School?

As the Pre-Law Advisor at Mary Baldwin University, I want to draw your attention to two courses offered next fall that all future law students should consider taking:

POLS 321 WA 7A CONSTITUTIONAL LAW I:STRUCTURE/POWR (7 week course begins 8/30)
    POLS 322 WA 7B CONSTITUTIONAL LAW II:CIVIL RIGHTS (7 week course begins 10/25)

Catalogue Description of Each Course:

321 Constitutional Law I: Structure and Powers (3 s.h.) This course is a case-method study of the significant decisions of the U.S. Supreme Court that define judicial, presidential, and congressional powers and their limits. Federalism and administrative power also will be examined.

322 Constitutional Law II: Civil Rights and Liberties (3 s.h.) A case-method study of the U.S. Supreme Court decisions in the areas of First Amendment freedoms of speech, press, and religion. Constitutional protections in criminal law, the right to privacy and equal protection will be examined.

These courses are taught online in a 7 week format (each course earns a full 3 semester hour credits).  Con Law I starts in August and Con Law II starts in October.  Mandi Montgomery Smith, a local attorney, teaches the courses and you will LOVE how she brings the topics to life through both her knowledge of the law and examples from her career as an attorney.  These courses give you a taste of what to expect in law school, so this is a great opportunity to see if you like law.

Want to be on the email list for Pre-Law News?

Send me you email address and I will add you to the list!  Any time I get news and opportunities relevant to pre-law students I can then forward the information directly to you.  Contact me at Lvanasse@marybaldwin.edu

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.